Position: General Manager of South China
Report to: directly to JV Board, dotted line to Country Manager
Location: South China (either Guangzhou or Shenzhen)
Accountable for the total performance of all field operations within the market. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining revenue and profit plan, maintaining and improving team member morale, retention and productivity. In conjunction with the Country Manager, this position will set strategic direction and be accountable for implementation of the market goals.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Kinko¡¯s employment qualifications in force at time of hiring.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred.
- 3+ years operational management experience, preferably in a large-scale multi-unit retail environment (multi-national and technology/e-commerce background a plus).
- Must possesses FedEx Kinko¡¯s core competencies for senior field leadership through demonstrated ability to: communicate effectively (written and verbal); build talent/organize and develop strong teams; drive results; engage, inspire, and motivate teams; build internal and external customer relationships; foster teamwork; exercise solid judgment and decision-making; effectively manage execution; self-manage/maintain personal accountability; think strategically and focus on the big picture.
- Proven leadership and management skill in building and integration of cross-functional teams.
- P&L experience preferred.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
- Ensure defined operational initiatives are executed.
- Accountable for revenue, profit and core cost performance of all centers within the market; ensure payroll numbers and quality/customer service measurement targets/scores are met.
- Accountable for creating a consistent operational image, implementing national initiatives, and producing a quality product in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure all centers execute and follow-through on all managerial functions, processes, and FedEx Kinko¡¯s operational systems.
- Ensure the maintenance of fiscal reporting procedures and proper cash controls within centers, including accounts receivables, inventory reports, daily sales recaps, and daily bank deposits in full compliance with company guidelines. Responsible for reporting to JV Board the monthly financial information.
- Plan and direct the purchase and installation of equipment and machinery required for efficient production operations.
- Ensure that safety requirements are established and maintained.
- Conduct regular team meetings; evaluate the efficiency and productivity of managers by establishing performance standards and objectives; conduct regular operations reviews and audits.
- Ensure that managers receive ongoing training & development. Coach and counsel managers as necessary to ensure strong performance; conduct regular performance appraisals per company guidelines.
Minimum Attributes Required to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation, instruction, persuasion, and/or speaking with others
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function under substantial time pressure, and to perform under the demands set by the company for sales performance and profit objectives
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead, supervise, and head up a group of team members to achieve operational objectives
- Ability to perform the General Duties and Responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner
Scope of Supervision/Authority:
- Responsibilities are achieved through broad communications and instructions by supervisor. Decisions regarding changes in company policy or procedures must be deferred to supervisor.